of this page
|Conditions of use||Data protection policy||Imprint||Copyright||Liability||Professional versions of the atlases|
It is unlawful to offend copyright on pictures or on any material published in the world-wide-web!
This includes saving on hard disk or printing of images or www-pages without the copyright holder's permission!
By means of new technologies providers of www-pages can notice such offends even without your knowledge!
Be aware that you may be prosecuted and fined when offending copyright.
Information on the web-pages provided by
The production of the far more than 10,000 www-pages and creation of pictures of which some were kindly granted by others took several thousand hours of my personal spare time. You may benefit from this offer, but remember the published material is N O T F R E E W A R E and that the following conditions of use apply:
For your own private personal use, you may use the content of the WAI according to the following conditions:
You may regard the www pages and print out any pictures (up to 10 per month) under the following conditions:
--> please first read the license information and then send me an E-mail giving specific information about what you intend to do. In general, fees apply depending on extend of purpose.
You are welcome to put links from your to my pages
to those of the WAI. However, I ask you to inform me about that via E-mail.
If you should offend the conditions of use, you are subject to prosecution!
Every attempt was made to label structures correctly according to the anatomical nomenclature and to provide correct information, however, mistakes cannot be excluded, thus any liability for eventual errors or incompleteness is rejected. If you should discover any mistake, please notify me via E-mail. Since I am not able to guarantee for absence of errors or exactness of every information I reject any liability for damages directly or indirectly caused by use of my internet pages.
Please note that this internet offer is no officially certified medical product. Thus it is not permitted to use it as reference for any medical treatment of patients.
images & professional versions of internet atlases:
All images & animations of the WAI are available in considerably higher resolution and quality, e.g. for use in school or textbooks or as material for any anatomy teaching purposes. In case of interest send me an E-mail, please.
If you should be interested in further excellent anatomical images or the professional versions of the atlases whose images are of considerably better quality and resolution please have a look here.
Electron microscopic atlas:
Please note that I still work on improvement and completion of the professional version of the electron microscopic atlas while the internet version has not been substantially updated since 2015. Thus the professional version contains a lot of new pages e.g. on eye and eye structures, brain, spinal chord and many others. Further texts and links are much more extended and over 1,000 more images are available here as well as an index page allowing easy direct access to over 2,000 indexed structures. For more information look here, please.
Information on copyright:
The vast majority of images provided in this teaching offer (Workshop Anatomy for the Internet abbreviated WAI below) was photographed or digitally acquired, written or produced by Dr. Jastrow himself, thus he is the legal copyright owner. For the images acquired on the Universities of Mainz or Essen provided by the WAI Dr. Jastrow has written contracts on marketing.
Use of third party images:
Use of images of the visible human project was granted in an approved license agreement with the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A. from October 1997.
Written agreements are present for all images kindly provided by colleagues for this non-commercial internet project.
responsible editor of the Workshop Anatomy for the Internet: PD Dr. med. Holger Jastrow
responsible for data protection: PD Dr. med. Holger Jastrow
The web content of the Workshop Anatomy for the Internet is provided free of charge by
Dr. H. Jastrow medizinisches Lehrmaterial
location of business: Kotthaushang 22, 45239 Essen-Heidhausen, Germany
owner: PD Dr. med. Holger Jastrow
phone: +49 201 4749893
court of jurisdiction: Essen
chamber of commerce: IHK Essen
community ID of business location: 05113000
no sales tax number
not listed in register of commerce
Responsible person for data protection is PD Dr. med. Holger Jastrow, Kotthaushang 22, D-45239 Essen-Heidhausen, Germany, Phone: +49 201 4749893; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your confidence and your privacy is important for me as well as secure protection of your personal data. In case of any questions concerning processing of your personal data which this policy does not answer or in case you wish to get further information on any topic or if you want to claim your legal rights, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also welcome to answer any questions on my teaching offer. In case you want to contact me you may do that via phone or by writing an E-Mail to email@example.com.
Of relevance when using my internet teaching offer:
As a rule I do not collect any personal data of you when you visit my web pages. My web hoster (presently Strato AG, Pascalstraße 10, 10587 Berlin, Germany), however, collects, processes and stores data basing on my legitimate interest according to art. 6,1f General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of each access on my web pages (server logfiles). These Data solely serve statistic purposes. In case you access my www-pages the device from which you are doing that automatically sends such log data (connection data) to the server of a web hoster. This is especially done in case you download any data, e.g. images. Log-Data contain the names of the accessed pages, the IP address of the accessing device, feedback on success of access, type of web browser including version, address of the web page from which your system accessed my pages, websites, your device accessed via my www-pages, the domain name of your internet service provider, your operation system as well as time and date data. All the information contained in the log files does not allow identification of your personal identity since due to data protection procedures the host name and the IP address of the client calling a web page is made anonymous during generation of the log files. The IP address of a visitor of my web pages is, however, stored by my web hoster for security reasons (e.g. for enlightenment of abuse or cheating or for identification and defence of attacks) for a duration of maximal 7 days. Afterwards it is deleted. Excepted from this is Logfile information required to serve as proof for clarification of a security infringement which will be stored until the event is finally resolved. The transfer of logfiles is technically necessary otherwise your device would not be able to display any content of any web pages since the server would reject to answer your call of www pages, i.e. logfiles are always required when using the internet. Due to this technical reason the user has no chance of contradiction to this. Anonymized information of the log files are statistically evaluated by my web hoster and myself to optimise my web offer and the supporting techniques.
I do not retrieve any of your personal data
when you visit my internet pages:
My internet offer does NOT use any cookies, social media plugins, services of web analysis, tracking mechanisms, traces, data proofing tools or plugins. All my pages are consciously of a very simple nature since I am of opinion that content and not layout is most important. Thus I do not use JAVA, PHP or similar script languages. In practice they comprise html code pages, ten, .jgp graphic files, .avi animations and a few animated .gif files. No personal registration is required only when calling the images used in the histology course of the University of Mainz (Germany) which are still hosted on a local server of the University of Mainz permission of access, which is exclusively granted to local students, will be checked by the Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung. A few pages of my workshop use counting pixels, small invisible graphics which by means of a coupled link allow generation and analysis of a log file used for statistical analysis by the VG Wort. Thereby no personal data are transmitted, instead access to such a page is reported in a "made anonymous" manner to determine if I have the number of page calls required to qualify for a compensation. The Bavarian Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht has confirmed that the METIS-system used for evaluation of these counting pixels is completely harmless in point of view of data protection as it is realized at present since at no time any user may be identified - thus no personal data are retrieved or transmitted.
You determine which personal data you provide when sending me an
Whoever contacts me using E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is assured that the personal data he provides by his own will at any rate will be treated absolutely confidential by me and my assistants. Personal data transmitted in an E-mail will be used to answer and continue a conversation. Despite the legally regulated transmissions, e.g. to the tax office, these data are not transferred in any way to third parties. Collection and transmission of personal data to authorised official institutions and offices are only performed in accordance with legal regulations or if I am obliged to do so due to order of a layer or a court decision. Everyone who writes an E-mail to me is asked to include the following sentence into it which allows me processing of his/her personal data: "I legally binding agree to processing of my personal data by the company "Dr. H. Jastrow medizinisches Lehrmaterial" according to article 6 of the GDPR of the EU". Only in case of customers eventually selected personal data will be distributed to third parties (e.g. if a possible customers wants to ask a user of an atlas about the material and the benefit of its purchase from first hand). However, this will only be practised in case the customer in advance gave his agreement for uptake of contact.
Licensed images contain personal data
of the licensee which partly are visible: a text like licensed to "Name of licensee", place of residence or work, eventually state or country or further texts like "licensed for non-commercial purposes". Further all such images contain invisible detailed personal data. This is necessary to prove who committed an infringement of copyright in case of any kind of illegal, non-permitted distribution, propagation or publication. For the latter purpose I generally store all personal data and E-Mails of persons who received licensed image material from me for unlimited time on several PCs and Hard disk drives which are not connected to any networks and thus inaccessible to unauthorised persons. This is also practised for images licensed for free.
Processing of personal
data is inevitable for customers
who order images or atlases from me. Contact data like E-Mail, address, phone number and eventually transmitted further personal data will be stored without time limit on several local hard disc drives (HDD) of different PCs of which only the one which I use for communication is connected to the internet. The others and further external USB drives are offline and thus not attackable via network connection. The mentioned data are required for sending of media or for contacting customers for purposes of commerce like asking if a prolongation of a limited time license is wished. Further long term storage of these personal data is necessary for resolving eventual illegal distribution of licensed material to third parties. I do never store such data in clouds or other kinds of internet storages but only on PCs or HDDs which are not reachable via network connections. As mentioned only the one PC I use for E-Mail communication and electronic delivery of images has a connection to the www. The latter is only active as long as I communicate with customers via a special account. In course of delivery of media only the necessary personal data (address) are provided to the deliverer involved which usually is the German Post (Deutsche Post AG). I do not transmit any personal data in third countries or to international organisations. I apply technical and logistic safety precautions to prevent damage, loss, destruction, manipulation or unauthorized access to your personal data. All persons working for me in data processing are bound to the German law of data protection and are obliged to confidential handling of personal data.
Partly legal regulations require processing of your personal data (e.g. tax regulations) or they are necessary for legal contracts like license agreements. In such cases at least the following personal data are required: sex for salutation, title, first and family name, address for delivery and/or invoice, phone number for eventual questions and E-Mail address which then have to be processed by Dr. H. Jastrow medizinisches Lehrmaterial. In case of under legal age customers further a legal binding agreement of the parent or legal guardian. I only pass personal data according to legal regulations or to court order to official authorities or authorized persons. Information will be provided to official authorities according to legal regulations for prevention of public jeopardizing or criminal prosecution. Third parties will only get information if a legal regulation demands this or if a relevant criminal action is probable which may, e.g. be the case if there is a suspicion of a copyright infringement or illegal distribution of licensed material.
Whoever provided me with personal data in an E-mail has the legal right to withdraw his/her agreement to processing of these data and to contradict to its storage. In such a case the conversation can no longer be continued. In case you buy a product from Dr. H. Jastrow medizinisches Lehrmaterial you are requested to sign an agreement for processing of your personal data. According to art. 7,3 GDPR a customer may revoke this with effect for the future. However, by this revocation the legality of processing before the latter is not affected. In case of customers who purchased images or atlasses from Dr. H. Jastrow medizinisches Lehrmaterial legal regulation does not allow deletion of these data as long as the legal time for keeping records (10 years according to the German Abgabenordnung §147 Abs.1) has not passed. However these data will not be deleted due to the reason given above.
Legal background: articles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Legal basis for processing of personal data transmitted when sending an E-mail is art. 6,1 of the GDPR. In case the mail results in a contract (license agreement) further art. 6,1b applies. The latter also applies for processing of personal data required for preparation of contracts as in case of preparation of a draft of a license agreement or sending an offer for products or a service. In case of legal obligations that require processing of personal data as, e.g. fulfilment of tax duties, processing is based on art. 6,1c GDPR. Further, processing may also base on art. 6,1f GDPR which are not based on the previously mentioned legal reasons in case processing is necessary for preservation of my lawful interest or the interest of third parties under the condition that fundamental rights or allowances of the concerned person are not of priority. Such processing is granted since they were not specially mentioned by EU legislation. A legal right is present in case the concerned person is a customer of the responsible person.
You have the right ...
- to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed (art. 15 GDPR).
- to obtain from the controller information to whom I transferred personal data or intend to do so. In case of paying customers this is my tax office (Finanzamt Essen-Süd) due to tax declaration duty.
- to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (art. 20 GDPR).
- to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement (art. 16 GDPR).
- to obtain from me the erasure of your personal data without undue delay and I have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay according to art. 17,1a GDPR under the condition that they are no longer necessary, e.g. if you reject an image or media offer or a license contract from me. Sine I stick to the principle of avoidance of unnecessary data, I from my side delete the E-mails and your personal data involved. I store your personal data only for as long as they are necessary to reach the mentioned purposes or as long as this is required by laws. If a reason for storage is no longer present or if the expirency time is reached the data concerned are deleted or blocked by routine.
- of erasure of your personal data according to art. 17,1b GDPR in case you withdraw your consent to processing of the data under the condition that there is no other legal reason to keep it.
- of erasure of your personal data according to art. 17,1c GDPR, if you basing on art 21,1 GDPR protest against processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to article 21, 2 GDPR.
- of immediate erasure of your personal data in case of unlawful processing (art. 17,1d GDPR).
- of immediate erasure of your personal data in compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which I am subject (Art. 17,1e GDPR).
- alternative to erasure of your personal data a restriction of processing according to art. 18 GDPR may be obtained.
You may only demand an erasure of your personal data if there is no legal obligation to store them. If so I restrict processing on demand.
The right of deletion does not apply if processing is necessary for the following reasons:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information (art. 17,3a GDPR)
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which I am subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (art. 17,3b GDPR)
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with art 89,1 in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing (art. 17,3d GDPR)
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (art. 17,3e GDPR).
You have the right ...
- to object use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (art. 21 GDPR).
- to revoke your agreement on my processing of your personal data.
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR. The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to art 78 GDPR.
- to demand a restriction of processing of your personal data in case you deny correctness of legality of your personal data for a time which allows me to check its correctness.
- to demand a restriction of processing of your personal data in case you deny processing according to art. 21,1 GDPR and it is still unclear if my legal reasons are superior to your denial. In this case I will no longer process your personal data except in case I can present obligatory reasons for processing which are superior to your interests or rights or freedom, or processing serves for claiming, exertion or defence of legal claims.
- to demand a restriction of processing of your personal data in case processing should be unlawful but you deny deletion of your personal data but instead demand a restriction of use (art. 18,1b GDPR).
- to demand a restriction of processing of your personal data in case I do no longer need the data but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (art. 18,1c GDPR).
If processing of your personal data is restricted the data - apart from storage - may only be used with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for protection of rights of a third person or for reasons of an important public interest.
If you have obtained restriction of processing pursuant to art. 18,1 GDPR I will inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted (art. 18,3 GDPR).
I reserve the right to adapt or modify this data protection policy for improvement or correction at any time in order that it always is in accordance to actual legal regulations or to adapt it in case of changes in my services. In case of a new visit the actual version as published here is effective.
Essen, May 27th 2018
Dr. H. Jastrow